Time for HGP
It's that time of year again. Nope, not the Back To School thing I love love love, I'm talking about the dreaded HGP (Holiday Grand Plan to the non-initiated) While I dread starting the thing, I need to do it for my own sanity come December (and no comments about how that's a losing battle already OK!) Basically it has you starting now so that you can break up the whole holiday thing into "manageable" pieces. Works like a charm if you actually follow the program :-)
This is the list week and therefore one of the easiest. Lets see I need to make these lists:
Our room for this week is: the Front porch. Mine's not looking too bad. Need some weeding to be done and get rid of an old broken hose and I'm all set. Of course - I DON"T WANNA WAHHHHHH! it's too dang hot hot there! Here's what I have to deal with (11:30 AM and already over 90):

This is the list week and therefore one of the easiest. Lets see I need to make these lists:
- Gifts
- I have zero money to spend this year :-( so
- Family
- Kiddos - $50 each
- DH - 25$
- other family - $5 - $10
- Friends - Christmas cards
- School - $5 for teacher
- Angel Tree - I will have to give this up this year :-( I'll see about volunteering instead.
- Christmas card list.
- DONE - Computerized last year and nobody has moved so no updates necessary!
- Visits
- None - see below
- Parties
- I hope that MIL #1 will allow us to host the party this year. So much easier on us since we are the group that has to lug all of the kiddos stuff home.
- Menus
- that's for DH to decide - I love a man who cooks!
- Goodies for Sharing/Gifts.
- hmmmm
- Meals for freezing ahead.
- Again this is one for DH.
- Long-term shopping list.
- Zero $$ means no extras bought this year. We will have to do with what we have.
Our room for this week is: the Front porch. Mine's not looking too bad. Need some weeding to be done and get rid of an old broken hose and I'm all set. Of course - I DON"T WANNA WAHHHHHH! it's too dang hot hot there! Here's what I have to deal with (11:30 AM and already over 90):






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home